
God came to my party today. I invited him, knew he was probably busy what with it being the Sabbath and all, but he showed up! He didn't say very much, but when he did talk, it was good -- better than Obama even. I went to a church in an old drafty house, where the energy and love in the room were crackling. The topic was "raising your vibrational energy," and it was cool to feel it happening all around me.
People who are full of love and creativity and optimism -- palpable uptick in energy. People who can't help but complain or see the half-empty bottle -- I can feel the energy being sucked out of my body. It's interesting, that once the antenna are up, you can feel it all around you. Don't you know?
I shouldn't have worried about my conversation yesterday, that I expected to be hard. It wasn't really. And it surprised me, the outcome, in which there were "no answers," no resolution, no shift in course. Just a lot of listening, consciously trying to stay open and aware, and checking in, always. Is this true for me? Am I staying open to all the possibilities? Have I misjudged? Drawing conclusions feels clean, neat, and tidy -- hey! no decisions to be made or reevaluation or changing of mind. Just "staying the course." But even that phrase, "staying the course," is a dead and closed and depressing thought. Appeals to our puritanical work ethic -- maybe we get the "job" done, but what if it's a job we hate?!!
Maybe the phrase should be "straying from the course." Always aware, always self-correcting, always checking the end against the means. OK, so that's my new goal, to be a stray cat. A mischevious cat. Sic.

1 comment:
Hmmmmmm love your words, even though, as you know, I am not a fan of the feline, at least the domesticated ones. Yep, straying from the course brings all sorts of cool stuff. It's like hitching up a little teardrop trailer to your car and just going. I've heard Sitka is sweet and Nelson (BC) is beyond nice.
Note of caution. While being aware all the time is a laudable goal, I just don't see it as realistic or even necessary. Wake up more? Longer?
Gala, you are the queen of cool, the major domo of the moment, the...well, you get the idea.
We anxiously await your next missive...
Your serf,
Mot
Post a Comment