Knowing what I know now, the choices limit themselves to one -- I have to honor what's inside. As I write this, my heart races. I have more pain ahead, but it's the pain that comes from hurting someone that I love. I knew that this process wouldn't be a cakewalk, but didn't realize that it would entail such a barrage of emotion. Seems like nearly every day holds such volatility of feeling -- freedom, hope, openness, awareness in the morning. Tears, emptiness, doubt, and sadness in the afternoon. Intellectually I understand that changing behavior and thinking differently requires reopening old wounds and letting old patterns and relationships die. Just didn't think it would happen so fast.
Saturday, February 23, 2008
Days 22-23: No Easy Way
Serial blob today. Woke up with a knot in my stomach. Watching, in action, myself abandoning myself. I do it so incrementally, with such stealth and denial, that I don't even know it's happening. Ingenious (and not so genius) methods and diversions to keep from acknowledging that I quit listening to the voice inside -- so that I can have the empty satisfaction of not rocking the boat, hurting another's feelings, leaving a relationship, or saying something that will break a heart but is the truth.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
love your words. Hard. True.
I know it's short, and, that's all I have to say.
Love,
Mot
Post a Comment