
And this is the problem. My disorganized life. I don't know the countdown day (somewhere along the line, my days got all messed up). I got stopped for not having a current car registration. I don't pay a utility or phone bill until they threaten to stop service. How much money is in my checking account? Guess I'll know when my debit card gets refused.
Is mine a charming bohemian lifestyle, sure to make friends chuckle at the crazy absurd situations I get myself in? Or am I self-destructive, wasting my energy, time, money, and ultimately, eroding my self-respect?
Joie de vivre? Or semi-conscious obliviousness.
Probably somewhere in between. I can blame Paul for co-dependently allowing and even encouraging these patterns. Or, I can start to make choices that reflect a desire to grow up and be more responsible -- well, within reason.
My parents were always my safety net -- if I ran out of money or needed new tires, just called Mom. And then men replaced my parents. I find myself still thinking that my financial condition is OK, because I'll eventually marry a man with money. How about I start taking care of my life BEFORE that happens??
So, I'm NOT going skiing tomorrow because I need to take care of business. And, no boo hoos, interestingly. Feels good, for me, and for my girls.

4 comments:
I decided not to go skiing tomorrow too for the same reason - hell I just got back from 10 days in Mexico for crying out loud! It's time to work now.
Well Gala, only YOU know the answers to your questions, and even if I had some opinion on the subject (which I obviously don't) I would never IN A MILLION YEARS tell you what I thought.
Correction: you got stopped because you were clocked at 82 MPH. Let's get the symantics right, shall we?
This is a good dilemma to ponder and I know you've been circling this drain for a while too.
I have noticed positive change in your organizational/responsibility level over the past couple of years, dontcha think?
Gala,
I also have an opinion on the subject, and, since I'm a blathering, urge-driven, right-brained bozo, I WILL share it with you.
You're doing great. Lean into the details (create thee order) when it's in the space, wanting to happen, which is usually before the meter man puts the lock on the box.
I suffer from the same malady as ye, and, our job in the world is NOT to balance our checkbooks. AND, I do think Arctis' comments on balance the other day are a good thing to keep in mind.
Accountability to self...always a good thing.
You were doing 82? In THAT???
Love,
Mot
One thing I failed to point out is that you, Gala, always been INCREDIBLY organized in your work/volunteer life. When it comes to the details though, you mostly give yourself the short end of the stick. Isn't that interesting? Gets back to what Mot said about balance and back to the whole prioritizing thing.
Two words for you: online banking. Changed my life.
Oh, and I forgot to say welcome Lueji!
Oh, and it was day 31 yesterday.
Oh, and did you notice that my clothes aren't just grouped by color, but they're ROY G BIV? I guess I'm trying to point out that there is such a thing as TOO MUCH detail. Is that why you have me in your life, for balance?
OOPS - I mean welcome Sluje!
Post a Comment