
Dear Blobmates. My "countdown to bliss" is drawing nigh, in a few days. Tick tock tick tock..........
First, want to say, I LOVE our Blob. It has brought me closer to all of you and, just as important, to myself. When I started, I thought: "how incredibly self-indulgent, to just write on and on about ME. Who would want to listen to that??"
But that was dear ego singing its familiar tune. It knows I already judge myself for narcissism. And, knowing this, it does what it can to complete the job. Well, ego, this experience has shown me that you're FULL OF SHIT!! Boring blobs and all, my mates stuck with me, read them, and showed their love by responding and sharing their own pain, joys, and everything in between.
This has been a journey of discovery, of my own ability to reveal my insightful and philosophical days, as well as my 'got nothing' days. Regardless, you all read it all, responded even when you didn't feel like it, and showed up.
So, this blob about "me" became about YOU. I have family here. And that brings me such joy.

6 comments:
Gala,
This is what I know. We are family. We are connected. Your sorrow is ours. Your joy is mine. It's all one.
Your blob has been opening. Funny as hell, sad, spirited, hard, soft, STUPID (marzipan? MARZIPAN??? WHO THE HELL LIKES MARZIPAN?). And, It's a way for all of us to look at ourselves. And, it takes a lotta guts and heart and love and, well, time to write when you're tired or lonely or sad. Many, many thanks.
With huge, ginormous love and respect for the mother of all blobbers...Gala. And, for you Arctis and you Drano. You are my sisters.
Mot
Hi Gala,
Your last post sounded kinda like your LAST post. And I guess it probably will be - I doubt you'll have wi-fi at your digs in Mexico. But it feels like an ending and a beginning too. I've gotten to know my friends Drano and Gala, and have picked up a new one - dear Motty (rhymes with potty).
But Mot, you and I need some face time! Drano and Gala hog you. I told Gala a few weeks ago that I don't know if I'd even recognize you on the street because I've seen you once at the ski area and once at The Summit, and your face was, shall we say, kind of covered up that night.
Drano, I'm glad that your drama has ended - it's no fun to see how people act when money is involved. It's a whole new side of them. I would like to get some details when you have the time. And I ordered Willmaker 2008 yesterday! Yay for me being responsible. Gala, you can borrow it.
And Gala. How do I say this? YOU HAVE TURNED YOUR LIFE AROUND IN 60 DAYS! You're getting ready to take your girls to the ocean. As of next week your financial ties to Paul will be history. You will have money in the bank. A new car is just around the corner. You got the job with Durango. You've sorted things out with Tony. You are open to the kind of relationship YOU want. You see everything with more clarity. etc. etc. etc. You are amazing!!
I propose that we don't let the blob end. Any ideas?
Yes.
Arctis, it's your turn. My thought is that all of us blob for 60 days. And, it feels like, with festival season coming up but not upon us til June, you'll have lots of material, not that you wouldn't anyway.
And, maybe you'll feel that's not wanting to happen. Drano, are you feeling it?
I'd be happy to take my turn, and, it doesn't feel like it's now.
Thoughts?
Mot
P.S. I'll be in Pagosa tonight! I'll be the guy walking down Main Street with his face covered up. And, how about a Blob-union one of these days after Gala and Drano get back???
Hi Mot,
I like your idea of rotating blob. Not sure if I'm ready to be the next bloberator. I've never been a very capable diarist despite numerous attempts over the years to keep a journal. Not sure why. How about you, Drano? Willing to go under the surgical pen knife, metaphorically speaking, of course? I will think about it.
Yes, let's have a blob-union when the gang gets back. Sorry, Mot, won't be able to cruise down Main Street looking for the faceless stranger tonight. I will be suffering the auditory torture of yet another 5th/6th grade "band concert." I think admission is free if you're looking for some live music in Pagosa!
The little dude is performing an originally composed (oops, almost typed "composted" - freudian slip?)guitar duet with his giant friend Zach. Should be interesting to see how he does performing for his first sizable live audience. See, this stuff is just not interesting to anyone but me...
BTW - I was putting sliced almonds on my cereal this morning and wondered why none of the sliced almonds are end pieces. It made me wonder what they do with the outer edges. Then I had an epiphany: MARZIPAN!
First of all Arctis, I just always thought of Zach as an average-sized kid. Secondly, that is why marzipan tastes like shit. It's made from the end pieces that no one wants to eat and are supposed to be thrown away. Like the dried up heel of a bread loaf or the peel of a grapefruit, yum!
I think that following Gala's faithful and provocative lead is daunting. I will do it! This is like agreeing to be on the Olympic gymnastic team. I'm pretty sure I will suck at it and I am know that it will be ugly and painful at times, but if Motty agrees to grow a uni-brow and yell at me in a Hungarian accent on occasion, I am willing!
This will be a great occasion for us to embrace change. For you blobmates, I will try my best. I cannot say that it feels like the wrong OR right time for me. It may actually be therapuetic for Arctis, or too time consuming, either considering her upcoming schedule.
Let's brainstorm some torch passing rituals, but no leotards. Send your thoughts! Love, Drano
Yay - Drano's the new blobber! I love the gymnast analogy. You're my Mary Lou Retton, baby.
Motty and I (sorry, Mot, looks like it stuck) proposed perhaps rotating monthly rather than 60 days. It's OUR blob, dammit. What do you think? Of course if you're on a roll and want to continue... go for it.
You WILL have to create a profile now, no longer free to post in cyberspace anonymously. Will you start right when you get back?
Anxiously awaiting the Drano Diaries,
Arctis
P.S. Oh, yeah, Zach's "just a normal-sized kid." A normal sized 12-year-old kid who happens to wear a size 13 shoe and is 5'11" tall. Guess when you come from a family of giants, it's all relative.
Post a Comment