Saturday, February 9, 2008

Day 4: Mean People Suck

Or.......Why Do Bad Things Happen to Good People??

"Me" asks an interesting question.  What happens when "negative" people or events come into our lives?  And are we "judgmental" by determining that an event or person has an inherent value -- good, bad, etc.?

Well, this is a bitter pill to swallow, but according to the law of attraction, we invite these events into our lives through our thoughts.  I spend time thinking about people who bug me, are judgers, mean-spirited, or boring.  Guess what -- by putting any energy into these thoughts -- even that I don't want these people in my life -- I attract them to me.  The universe doesn't distinguish whether something is "good " or "bad" -- it simply connects the dots.

So, here's the quandary for me.  I just found out that RRC didn't get the Town of Elizabeth job. Now, was there a part of me that really didn't want the job?  According to the law, then I didn't want it enough, or didn't really believe that we would get it.  Both could potentially be true.   It's really really hard to think that one could be responsible for what happens to them, but I suppose it's more comforting to think that as opposed to thinking that events are totally random and senseless.

And.......maybe there is something else out there that is even more perfectly suited for my skills and creativity.   Guess I'll start focusing on that.........sigh.........kind of bummed though.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gal,

Sorry to hear you (I don't care about RRC) didn't get the Elizabeth job, and, yep, there was a "we probably won't get it" energy there.

As Boone the sage once advised Flounder in Animal House (all things in life can be found in one of three movies: Animal House, Caddyshack and Dirty Harry):
My advice to you is to drink heavily.

:) see? a happy face!!!

Anonymous said...

so, Gala needs our help right now. She's a poor, sniveling, fetal-positioned little wretch right now. So, reach out to her wouldja? Comment on her blob. Even mean stuff. She just needs attention. Pathetic? Yes. But not unexpected for a poor little 'chile' not born in Hope.