Thursday, February 7, 2008


Day 2..........well, it stays interesting.  A stomach-clenching spat that historically would have ended up with both parties retreating to their corners, licking their wounds for days while taking empty solace in being "right" AND a victim met an early death with two words -- I'm sorry.  Thank you, Arctis.   


Sorry seems to be the hardest word.   It's sad.  So sad.  It's a sad sad situation.  And it's getting more and more absurd.

Let's see, what else did I notice.  I have more money in my banking account than I thought.  The birds are LOVING my new bird seed (thanks, Adron).  I ran for the first time in many moons and it was tolerable (most positive word I could drum up).

So, here's my quandary with this whole positive thinking deal.  What if I, as a newly positive person, happen to have an affection for negative words?  Like "calamity."  I think that calamity is a beautiful word, and I don't use it enough!  I am torn!  I want to be this positive thinking person, but I still want to use words like calamitous.  Should I ask Dr. Science?  What do I DO blob-mates?!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it's okay to use these so-called "beautiful" words, but you either have to use them in a new way, which will most likely make those around you think you're a mental midget (i.e. "I went for a calamitous walk today. It was quite enjoyable") or use them for dramatic juxtaposition, ultimately concluding in a positive fashion (i.e. "The calamitous situation left me breathless and in a cold sweat from its beautiful reality"). Your choice...

Anonymous said...

I'm not getting sucked into your wordplay, and your gratuitous attempt to show everyone how enormous your vocabulary is. AND, I find it funny that in day 2 you're already lobbying to use "mean" and "bad" words just because they sound good. In other words, you've already lost your way, chole.

Mot as in Bon

Anonymous said...

Dude,
I'm am going to start using calamitous with a head bob, it will mean "cool" or "nice" or "sweet". Kind of like the way that bad means good and fat (phat) means foxy in hood speak. "Calamitous new skiis, man!" Four years from now everyone will wonder who started it. I'm starting today.
PS: Arctis and aTOMymous, go back to bed already, blobbing so early in the morning is uncalamitous!

Anonymous said...

I'm can also drive!!