What was EXTRAORDINARY for me was my reaction around the Raymond party situation this evening. Yes, I was invited. Yes, I forgot. And yes, my friends didn't want to hurt my feelings by bringing up the invitation and the fact that I may have not been invited.
The first thing it tells me is how much my friends care about me and don't want me to be hurt. I love you for that.
The second thing, my dearest friends, is that I don't want to be protected from the truth. I think that because we love each other, and want to shield each other from hurt, we can make decisions that avoid pain, but are false. We may avoid, hedge, dodge and weave. All of us, we do it all the time, amongst ourselves and with others. I want to do things differently.
The third thing is that I OWN that I have a very strong personality. My reactions to situations can be intense, overwhelming, and make people uncomfortable. I get that. I know that delivering hard news can be tough. And..........it's MY shit, not yours. Ask me to back off if it's feels like it's too much. That's your part.
And finally, I love you all.

1 comment:
Yeah, yeah, I know. It was just one of those weird things where I think neither Drano nor I wanted to be the one to tell you.
Then it was the day of the party and neither one of us had mentioned it to you and we were both feeling like we were lying by omission. Drano said she'd let you know about it and how it kind of got away from us. I did point out that perhaps you HAD been invited and your weird email thing happened and that we were potentially being idiots. It's so good to be right.
But I will shield you no more. Buddhism says that we should look upon those who slander us and judge us as our ultimate gurus. It's a stretch, but one worth trying for.
Who's Dave Rossi?
And can I borrow your devil costume? Can you scan the picture daughter #2 drew and post it tonight? I HAVE to see it. I LOVE her spunk!
Post a Comment